FAHCSIA answers your questions about the Federal Government's Apology
FAHCSIA has provided an outline of answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Federal Government's Apology.
The questions are:
1. Who will the apology be made to?
2. Who will apologise?
3. When will the apology be made?
4. Why is the Australian Government apologising?
5. Where will the apology be made?
6. What will the role be for major stakeholders such as Care Leavers Australia Network (CLAN), Alliance for Forgotten Australians (AFA) and the Child Migrants Trust?
7. What consultation is expected with past care providers both religious and non-religious?
8. How do I provide input to the apology?
9. What will be the role State and Territory governments?
10. Will the Australian Government provide redress?
11. Will history projects be developed?
12. How do I get involved?
If there are any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 050 011
Please click on the PDF link to download the answers to frequently asked questions document.
Latest CLAN News