Can You Help Find Families?
CLAN is looking for information for its members from these orphanages, children's Homes and other institutions.
* CLAN member Jennifer Brown is looking for her birth parents.
She was born on 14th September 1949 at the Sussex Maternity Hospital, Brighton, UK.
Her mother's name is Gwendoline Elsie Surtees and her father's name is unknown.
She would love any information or a photograph of her parents.
If you have any information please contact CLAN on 1800 008 774
* 84 year old CLAN member Alma Gardener is looking for a photograph and any information about her father.
UPDATE ON ALMA
Thank you to Lill for recontacting CLAN regarding photographs of Alma's father and for kindly bringing them in Saturday 1st December 2012 at the opening of CLAN's office in Melbourne. We really appreciate the effort and your commitment in understanding Alma's need to see some photographs of her dad. We have a video of her in hospital seeing the photos for the first time and we will upload it soon. Thank you to Alma's son Shane and her granddaughter Melissa for keeping us up to date with Alma's situation.
Alma's father's name was Alexander William Gibb of Wurruk, the son of James Gibbs. Alexander married Dorothy Prosser of Sale, the daughter of CJ Prosser, at the Camberwell Baptist Church on April 14, 1928. The best man was a Mr. V. Hopkins of Warracknabeal and cousin, Hubert Gibbs, was the groomsman. Other attendants were Winnie Moffatt and Elsie Wiekss.
We are saddened to hear that CLAN member Alma has passed away but could the lady who rang CLAN regarding photos and information on Alma’s father please contact CLAN URGENTLY.
* CLAN member Leslie William Hume is searching for his brother- Jeffrey/Geoffrey Thomas Hume born on 10/6/55. They are the 3 children of Horace William Hume and Margaret Joyce Hume (maiden name Walker) of Bathurst, NSW. If anybody has any information, family history or photographs please contact Les via CLAN.
UPDATE ON LES
We are happy to say Les has found his brother John and are over the moon to be reunited!
* CLAN member Ann Kendall (left photo) was born on February 17, 1949, to parents Cornelius Henry Gebert and Doris Elizabeth Gebert (nee Nicholson) at the Mildura Base Hospital and then lived in Merbein.
She was placed into a babies home in Melbourne when she was two or three years old and then went to St Catherine’s Orphanage in Geelong, from where she was adopted by a couple from Melbourne. We understand that Doris married Raymond George Follett. So anybody with information about the Follett family please get in touch with CLAN 1800 008 774
In June this year she was diagnosed with lung cancer and given two years to live.
Click here to read an article about Ann’s search for her family
CLAN is sad to announce that Ann passed away earlier this year.
However, Ann's sister Christine (right photo) has made contact with CLAN and Christine is now searching for any family. If anyone can help please contact CLAN on 1800 008 774.
* CLAN member Saundra is looking for information about her mother Yvonne Patricia Langee (LeLangee) who in 1931 lived at the Wangaratta district hospital. Yvonne's parents names are Henri LeLangee and Vereka Yvonne Lefarge of France. Yvonne was born in Paris in 1908. We are also looking for Saundra's brother Ramon Adolphus Langee (LeLangee or LaLangee) last heard of in 1958 in Coburg. His wife's name is Jean LaLangee last heard of in 1963 in Beaconsfield Parade Albert Park, Melbourne. Any assistance will be appreciated. Please contact CLAN.
* CLAN member Les Johnson was born on 6th February 1942 at the Crown St Hospital, Sydney to Kathleen May Wearing (Johnson). Kathleen came from Hornsby and Les’ father was an Australian-Greek man.
Les would like any photos or information about his mother or father. Les never met his father and doesn’t know his name, and hasn’t seen his mother since he was put into NSW orphanages.
If you have any information for Les please contact CLAN.
CLAN member Jessi is looking for photos and information on her father, Trevor Turner. He has a scar on the left side of his face
If you have any information on him please contact CLAN and we will pass the details to Jessi.
HELP CLAN MEMBER SANDRA FIND PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THE SAME HOME AS HER
CLAN member Sandra Redburn would like to get in contact with anyone who was in Mt St Canice, Hobart in the years 1965-1966
CLAN is looking for any NSW State Wards that were boarded out to the Ingham Chicken Farm in Casula, NSW.
* Looking for men who were in Mornington Boys Home, VIC
* Looking for any boys who were in the Yanco Boys Farm, NSW
* Looking for any people who were in Mater Dei, Narrellan, NSW between 1954-1961
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Nyandi Training Centre, WA
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Longmore Training Centre, WA
* Looking for any information/photos from the descendants of the Riverina Boys Home, Yanco, NSW
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Gumleigh Children's Home, NSW
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Morada Cottage, SA
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Elizabeth Cottage, SA
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Blamey House, VIC
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Langi Kal Kal YouthTraining Centre, VIC
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Launceston Girls Industrial School, TAS
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from St John Bosco Boys Town, TAS
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Karalla House, QLD
* Looking for any personal stories/information/photos from Moreton Bay Mission, QLD
If you have any information about any of these Homes or people please contact CLAN on 1800 008 774
INFORMATION ONLY FOR MEN OF HILLSIDE BOYS HOME, WHEELERS HILL, VIC
A Detective from the Box Hill Sexual Offence and Child Abuse Investigation Team is investigating allegations of sexual assault stemming from the Hillside Boys Home in Wheelers Hill from the 1960's-70's. To this point they have received complaints from 4 people who were housed at Hillside in the late 60's. It appears that asuspect may have been there from 1960 - 1985 or thereabouts. The statements that they have obtained to this point also name numerous other people who may be witnesses or other victims. They are interested in any assistance that you may be able to provide me particularly in relation to identifying both employees and residents of Hillside during that period.
Greg Moore – Detective Senior Constable 30071 Box Hill S.O.C.I.T, Victoria Police.
The police only want information regarding Hillside. If you would like to provide any information the contact details are
Phone:(03) 8892 3292